JP Harrington and his assistant Marta Herrera ca. 1930
Harrington holds one of the large, aluminum disks on which
he recorded many California languages.
Papers of J.P. Harrington, neg. 91-35222
Two of Harrington’s assistants display chart mapping the various special symbols
Harrington used. Note typewriter’s very long carriage for all the extra typebars.
Papers of J.P. Harrington, neg. 91-35464
National Anthropological Archives
· Laird, Carobeth. (1975). Encounter with an Angry God: Recollections of My Life with John Peabody Harrington. Banning, CA: Malki Museum Press.
· Stirling, M. W. (1963). Obituary. American Anthropologist, 65, 370-381.
· Hinton, Leanne. (1992/1993). The House is Afire! John Peabody Harrington – Then and Now. News from Native California, Winter, 9-13.
· Newsletter of the J. P. Harrington Conference, 1992
· Marr, Jack. (March 14, 1984). Presentation for the American Indian Languages Group at Berkeley.
· Esselen - Survey of California and Other Indian Languages. http://linguistics.berkeley.edu/~survey/languages/esselen.php